Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Grandson Mike


This has nothing to do with Motorcyles or Drag Racing, it's for my Grandson (Mike).

He build this Bug from the ground up...I can remember back a few years when he had the body pan on saw horses in the drive way making it look like it just came from the factory...You can buy all new stuff for those VW Bugs and that's what he did over a couple years putting it together from the bottom up...Has two complete motors, one stock and one all out get up and go...He still has it and babies it every time he drives it...I spent a lot of time towing it to different places in the beginning when he needed to take it to get something done he couldn't do...In the one picture you can see my Toyota pickup in the back ground, a thing I had been babying since new and got it wiped out by a DUI gal, hauled away in handcuffs, it still never replace what I lost until my Daughter and Son in Law, (Patti & Larry) gave me something even better...By the way he also did the painting, in the open, in the drive way...I couldn't believe how good it looked after he sanded it out and shot it with clear coat...You can't see it in the picture but there are sculls in the blue flames...

No comments: