Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Friend at Lions Drag Strip

A memory that always comes to mind when I think of you happened at Lions on a slightly foggy Saturday Night. I had just made a run and was sitting on the return road just past the timing lights. You remember how dark it was down there when it was foggy, which by the way was almost every Saturday. You had made a run and the rear brake drum on your Sportster had shattered and back in those days we only had one brake and now yours was gone. When you went by me you looked over at me with this horrible look on your face and the smoke was coming off your tennis shoes trying to get stopped, which you did. I laughed all night about that.

It's a good memory.

I'm sorry to hear about Bruce, I always liked that man, he was a great friend. You remember when he got those yellow leathers and he looked like a big Canary, we used to tease him about it all the time, he was so good natured he sometimes would go, tweet tweet.
Happy to see you are doing well and glad you joined our Old Timers get together.

No comments: