Saturday, November 1, 2008

Couldn't Think of Name

Frank,
Yes, Bob George, I tried saying that"s who it is but couldn't remember the name, did it with some off beat explanation in an earlier posting...But I'm pretty sure that's who that is....He's the one that made the water cooled jackets on Knucklehead Cylinders, think he had couple motors in a liner that someone else owned back in the 70's....I remember this bike, but no details on how it performed....
He came to my house once asking me to donate and build a couple motors for Bonneville, wasn't interested though....He was kind of a secretly person, did a lot of gather information at the drags all the time, seem a likable person but if I remember his big thing was Bonneville....
His wife, a wild girl, sometime enter the ET Brackets at Irwindale on a Sportster, I think it was a Sportster....She use to sometimes miss a gear on a run and you could see her kicking the bike on the way to the shut off road, she really got mad...

No comments: