Saturday, November 1, 2008

Posting by my Daughter, Patti


OMG! Does this picture bring back memories....We had some good times hanging with the cooks and chambers. Those were the great day's... Adults dragracing and the kids soaking up everything...and spending time on the starting line... Back then, you could stand right behind the starting line and watch the races...Awesome experience! Wouldn't trade those days for anything... And the smell of the nitro back then..... butterscotch.....(nitro today, nothing like it..). I saw alot of great races, great dragracer's and great drag strips that are no longer around....Great memories....I was priveledged to be a part of it all. I'm glad that we can come to this forum. It's great reading and seeing all the pictures of the best years of drag racing... Gotta say a BIG THANK YOU to my Dad, Granddaddy Joe Smith for doing his thing and involving his family in something that we all loved doing... That was the best time Dadum's....
Patsy And get a look at those pants I was wearing.

No comments: